GET a beaming Hollywood smile with these simple teeth whitening tips.
There has been a sharp rise in people opting for home teeth-whitening kits and whitening toothpastes. However, many kits that can be bought online aren’t actually safe and some toothpastes are abrasive and can wear your teeth down over time.
So what is the best way to get a winning smile? Here celebrity dentist Rhona Eskander reveals her top 10 tips for a healthier, whiter smile.
1. Adopt a “white diet” so white wine or champagne over red, lattes instead of black coffee etc.
2. See your dentist for regular check-ups and professional cleaning to remove plaque.
3. Floss, the Philips Sonicare AirFloss Pro is a great way to ensure you floss regularly.
4. Stay awayfrom energy drinks. The acid they contain can have the same eroding effects as eating citrus fruits, only your teeth are bathing in it.
5. Get a new toothbrush. The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean (mine is Rose Gold and is the most gorgeous thing in my bathroom) is the best toothbrush on the market.
Ensure you change the head of your electric toothbrush at least every two to three months. Otherwise, you’re just transferring bacteria to your mouth.
6. Brush your teeth when you first get out of bed and before you get back in at night because saliva (which keeps cavity-causing plaque off teeth) dries up at night, so it’s best to have all plaque cleaned off the teeth before sleep.
ENERGY DRINK GETTY
WARNING: Stay away from energy drinks as they contain acid which erodes teeth
7. Give up smoking – smoking is one of the worst offenders when it comes to staining teeth.
8. Brushing your tongue isn’t only about having fresh breath it can also help prevent staining. Your tongue accumulates bacteria, which can eventually lead to discoloration.
9. Wear a pink lipstick with a blue undertone to make teeth appear whiter.
10. To achieve a bright, while smile in a safe way, discuss a professional whitening treatment, such as Philips Zoom! with your dentist.